Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF WEIGHT LOSS















Early in my career in the heatlh club industry I was very "one dimensional".  I thought if I educated my clients on nutrition, personally trained them and asked them to fill out a food journal that they would be successful in their weight loss efforts. In a laboratory/research setting this may work, but not necessarily in the real world. This may not be surprising, but there are many other factors that dictate the success or failure of a weight loss program. Clinicians need to take a multi-disciplinary approach when dealing with weight control. There are many factors associated with weight loss--hormonal imbalances, certain medications and  psychological factors, just to name a few.

This video depicts the psychological aspects regarding weight loss and weight control. This was a show I did with my good friend Jim Carew, LICSW. I asked Jim to share his psychological insights on weight loss which goes beyond diet and exercise. Jim, along with myself also share success stories of clients we've worked with. For additional info on this subject, visit http://www.coreessentials.biz/ and go to the products page. Once there, you will see videos (which is in a "QVC" type format). I talk more about this topic and my book, "Getting to the Bottom of It."

No comments:

Post a Comment